January 22 – 26, 2014 @ Winona State University, Winona, MN.
The Frozen River Film Festival offers documentary films and programming that engage, educate and activate our community to become involved in the world.
The Frozen River Film Festival is committed to:
- Educating our viewers by offering films and discussion on issues of local, regional and world importance. We expose our audience to people they would never meet, to cultures they might never understand and to issues they have yet to consider.
- Providing a global perspective on environmental issues and culture offering alternate viewpoints. Through the presentation of film makers from around the world, we offer diverse perspectives on world issues and nature.
- Giving opportunities for debate, discussion and discourse on a variety of topics important to our community.
- Encouraging action on the part of each festival participant. Our festival will give audiences access to tools and connections to take action on social issues.
- Promoting cross-cultural dialogue through innovative film making.
- Fostering collaboration through coalition building with partner organizations and grassroots organizations around specific issue programs.